The palm tree is the tree of life. It has been known since prehistoric times. Its name occurs in archaeological texts and Holy Books. Talking about it leads us to the odor of the glorious past coupled with the scent of the renewable present. This blessed tree is as deeply rooted as the history of the Gulf people in general, and the UAE people in particular. The latters have inherited love of the palm tree generation after another and have recognized its importance and learned how to nurture and maintain it. And why not and its is the mother of all trees which offers so much. This blessed tree is privileged with the loving care of HH the President, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, may Allah keep him, the best successor to the best predecessor, the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, who was so keen to propagate the palm tree in all areas of the UAE.
To achieve the optimal utilization of this wealth, Al Foah Company is undertaking a paramount role in developing this vital sector so that it may become a successful economic beam in the UAE.
Al Foah Co. was established according to the Emirate of Abu Dhabi Executive Council Resolution No. 15 session 19/2005 at 23/05/2005, and it became a member of the General Holding Corporation – Abu Dhabi.
The ObjectiveTo make UAE dates sector financially viable and internationally competitive through:
- Rationalizing subsidies while minimizing impact on farmers by improving subsidy policy and farm management
- New global brand establishment with a modern and attractive packs to take UAE dates globally
- Conducting research and studies in Japan, Netherlands and the UK to develop new products derived from the dates like sweets and beverages.
- Adopting market-driven strategies that maximize the value & profitability of sold dates
- Investing human resources and devoting its potentials to upgrade the level of dates industry and working on the spread of dates domestically and globally.
- Partnering with the private sector through a piecemeal privatization program
Al foah Assets
- Emirates Dates Factory at Al Saad: It was established in 1998 for dates production, with an annual capacity of 50,000 tons of dates which are processed according to the international standards and quality systems of ISO and HACCP. Furthermore, the faculty is a member of the Institute of Food Technology (USA).
- Al Marfa Dates Factory: It was established in 1994 for the processing of dates, with an annual capacity exceeding 25,000 tons of dates according to the international standards and quality systems of ISO and HACCP.
- Administrative Offices: include different departments such as supply chain management, finance, External Relations and Coordination , human resources, and sales and marketing department.
- Dates Receiving Centers in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi: The dates receiving centers have planned to introduce the modern systems in receiving, handling and storage of dates from all UAE regions.
- Al Foah Farm in al Ain City (The largest organic farm in the world): The total area of the farm is 1321 hectares, and the farm management applies the latest technologies in date palm cultivation and dates production. Furthermore, it has started the application of organic agriculture systems according to the international standards to maintain community health and environmental safety.
- Al Foah India:Al Foah India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Al Foah Co. LLC., UAE. In India 'Date Crown' is available in 4 pack sizes viz. 250g, 500g, 1 kg and 2kg. Kheneizi, Fard & Bumaan comprise the mainstream types supplemented by Dabbas and Khalas.
With the addition of Date-syrup, Dates with Chocolate and Deseeded Dates, we are the only company in India to offer such a wide variety of Dates & Date based products.
With our current product portfolio we have reached up to 6 million consumers. Very soon the product Portfolio will include Zadina range of value added Dates. The aim is to reach the taste buds of nearly 10 million consumers by the end of year 2012 & convey the message of staying healthy through wonder fruit - Dates. Going one step forward in that direction recently we have launched our online sales portal www.datecrown.in.
The office operates from the Corporate Office located at Gurgaon and regional offices across major cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Cochin, and Chennai.